1) How could Canada be the laughing stock of America when we don’t even know you exist?
2) The remaining Americans who have heard of Canada, love it and hundreds of Americans move there every year because we LIKE you. Not jealous, but like you. Big difference.
3) Unlike what your media reports and unfounded rumors like to present to you all, Americans judge their country very harshly and critically.
4) Nobody can criticize Americans more than Americans themselves. That’s what our music does, our street protesters do, our comedians, our TV shows, our books, our media, and our print media. If you live in America, you will know that Americans hate each other and probably ourselves more. This may explain our high levels of depression, drug and alcohol addictions, our eating disorders. our extreme behaviors, our low self-esteem, our indifference, our violence, our paralyzed rage, our teen pregnancies, our belief in things that don’t exist, our child abuse and sex crimes, and all other serious mental illnesses. We are ALL aware of this even if we don’t admit it and cover our hopelessness in red, white, and blue.
And the other half of us … *openly* self-loathing…
If the world sees Canada as anything it’s for those loud obnoxious individuals whom are so self-congratulatory and jingoistic. Not America. Canada. Americanophobes just cannot stop thinking about America, and that is where I see the jealousy.
5) The most important point I’d like to make here is the blatant irony. Read this photo VERY carefully. If you don’t see the irony/paradox, then… you must be a Canadian.